Happy Easter !!

Happy Easter Y'all!


I know, can you believe it?! Its been *THIS* long since I've written. Sometimes life just gets away from you. I didn't realize until today that we are nearing Easter and I haven't written since I did my 2015 shawl summary. Too long y'all and I'm sorry. 

I have continued to buy yarn and do all the yarnie things that we do. I can tell you that I am working on a special project now that will be submitted to a magazine and hopefully, if they like it, they'll publish it. Wouldn't that just be awesome! This will be my second attempt at trying this out. If it doesn't make it then it'll go directly to my Ravelry and Craftsy Shoppes for sale. I am working madly on the swatch I didn't know I would have to do...LOL. I didn't read that part until the like, the last minute. But I'm taking a break because you guys are important to me too. I cannot share any pics at the moment but I'll keep you posted on what happens with it.

Things that have happened since I last wrote.....I got my nose pierced...



My birthday came and went in February which was a ton of fun! I received lovely gifts from my friends, and I finally got my iPhone that I have been wanting. I got the 6S Plus and I love it! We had a little get together to celebrate the new year for me.....a night with a lot of tequila and it looked like this...


It was a Good Time! Thats my dear friend Sidney in the middle and Aunt Betty on the right. I received wonderful gifts. My bestest friend and sister Dilshani painted for me. She was painted one evening and I came over a couple days later. I saw it and literally thought it was something she purchased to hang on her wall. I had no idea she had painted it. I fell in love with it so she gave it to me for my birthday! I am so blessed....




Isn't it stunning? She is SOOO talented. She knits, sews, paints and does all other kinds of stuff. I am so lucky to have this piece from her. My parent gave me money for my next tattoo which is scheduled for May 25th but will be probably be a couple days sooner than that. Aunt Betty gave me 2 DVDs that were fantastic PBS specials about the Queen and one on Downton Abbey. She also gave me a strand of freshwater pearls. I was blown away. Beautiful stuff. Sidney and Lisa together made me a new knitting bag! And knowing how much I love Downtown Abbey they used special fabric. They used fabrics that were replicas of fabrics found at Highclere Castle some years ago. Then lined it all with Downton Abbey fabric. Here are some pics....




My friends Kathie and Marni gave me 2 skeins of Madelinetosh in the colorway Roasted Hatch Chiles which, living in NM, I needed to have. It was gifted in the cutest little sock knitted bag!


Look at those colors!


And heres the cute little bag....


Somewhere along the line (I'm trying to go in order of how everything has happened since I've been away for so long)....I bought some more of Ali Telfer's yarn. She owns Savvy Skeins and her color ways are just gorgeous. I got a couple skeins of "Painted Hills" which are so southwestern they needed to live with me here in the Southwest....


Incredible, right? I know. Ali is awesome with her dyeing. 

Saint Patricks Day rolled around and Mom, Dad, Dilshani and I went out for corned beef and cabbage as we do every year. Except this was the first time Dilshani had ever had corned beef. She loved it! We went to Turtle Mountain Brewery which is where we went last year. They do everything themselves there....the brine their own beef for 14 days and then cook it up. SOOO good!

Heres me, Mom and Dilshani in our green...


Since I'm the one taking the pic and am a little closer to the camera my head always looks bigger than anyone elses. Cracks me up! 

One of the big things around this house is that Mom now has her own Ravelry Shoppe now and is selling patterns of her own design. Her second shawl which is called "There Used To Be Lava Here" was a fun shoot. We did the pics for the pattern and Ravelry down at Boca Negra where the old lava rocks are at and also some petroglyphs. Here are some pics from that shoot....




Aren't the picture great?! I loved them because my hair matches the color work in the knitting! LOL. At any rate. Mom is Kay The Arky Designs on Ravelry and you can find here two shawls there. She's doing some different stuff which is really fascinating, go check her out. 

I recently HAD to buy some more yarn from Adella Colvin of Adella's Crochet Cottage. She dyes up some mean yarn let me tell ya. She has this color way that I am in love with called Olive Oil and it seems every time she dyes it its a little different...and I want them all. Here is the latest batch...


and here's her info....


Her shoppe can be found on Etsy. 

I think thats it for catching everyone up on everything. So sorry again for it taking so long for me to get back to you all. There are things in the works and other things to share soon. I'll be back before you know it!

I hope you are all doing well. I would love to hear about your projects and what you have all been up to in the months I've been gone! Until the next time.....Knit On!

Comments

Popular Posts