The Journeyman Scarf

Hello Everyone! Just moments ago I released The Journeyman Scarf on Ravelry and am thrilled to finally do so. I love the simplicity of this pattern yet the complexity of its look. Its a go-to pattern for guys and gals. The pattern can be seen and purchased here... 

I am also finally able to share the photographs with you that were taken for this pattern! The Journeyman Scarf was made with Dream In Color Everlasting Sock in the color way 'Rain Cloud.' Nice and cozy and very neck friendly! Its a 100% merino yarn...





Then there are the photos I took on Lucy prior to the photo shoot...




Many, many thanks to my seester Dilshani Tyson and her incredible talents behind the lens in shooting the very natural pro in front of the lens, my friend George Mastin. This pattern would not have the representation is has without their time and talent. Perhaps my favorite pic from the shoot was this one...


I hope you all love the scarf as much as I do! I had an enormously good time making it. The best part of it all was giving it away. It went to my model and my good friend George. I gave it to him last night at Tuesday Night Knitting (he works at one of the places where we knit). He was surprised and very grateful. I know that he shared the pics of him above with his Mom and he called to tell her that he also had the scarf. I got a kick outta that! There were lots of hugs last night. It was a good feeling. I know that he will appreciate it. As some of you may already know, I've been working on a second one for my own collection. Its brick red. I love it! Here's a peek at that one...


Its much further along than this now, I just haven't taken any recent pics of it. 

The rest of the yarn for my next project arrived a couple of days ago as well! I'm so excited to share this with you. As you know, once I am done with the scarf, I am moving on to the trio of lace shawls that I'll be doing. The first will be made in Malabrigo Silkpaca, a true lace weight yarn. The other two are collaborations with the Skein Yarn Co out of Australia and MJ Yarns in Colorado. I have shown you the Silkpaca and Skeins yarn, MJ's yarn arrived Monday afternoon. It is his Opulent Fingering, his MCN blend (which is like butta) in the colorway called 'Mother's Love.'


Isn't that just amazing?! I'm totally enamored with it and cannot wait to work with it! 
Speaking of yarn, I was trolling around on Instagram mid last week and came across a pic of some yarn in a dye pot by the dyer Kitty Bea Yarns. I follow her, she follows me. At any rate, this pic was gorgeous. It was of neutral tan, beige, off white, and of the sort. She mentioned she was going to speckle it. I sent her a direct message and asked her not to! It was too gorgeous the way it was and I had to have some of it! I asked her to invoice me for 2 skeins so I could pay her and let her know that I was serious. We chatted for a while, very nice last named Catherine, she goes by Cat. She gave me a break on the price and shipped it to me for free. God love her. When it arrived it was just as I imagined it would be...


So beautiful. Its a very lofty MCN blend at 383 yes per skein. Very cushy!! I can't wait to work with it either!

I hope you are all doing well. That's about it for tonight. Since I got the new pattern activated, I wanted to get a blog post done about as well. I will be blogging about my experience and all the fun we had at Camp STITCHES this past weekend in the next couple of days, so look for that coming up. Until the next time...KNIT ON!!!

Comments

Popular Posts