Grass Harp

It took me a while to crank this one out but I finally got it out there to you all! This was the shawl I was in the middle of when the Holidays hit so it suffered the stall that came with having to knit 8 pairs of Vanilla Fingerless Mitts! This is also the first of hopefully seven shawls that will get done this year. Six for sure. I am already dreaming about that 7th one....its a DK shawl in Malabrigo Rios in their colorway Teal Feather. It will be very textural and I'm super excited about it! As I am all of them. They are each like my babies!

As soon as I saw the movie 'The Grass Harp' I knew I wanted to knit a shawl with the elements of leaves and grasses blowing in the wind.....so I did. If you have never seen the movie, I can recommend it. It was written by Truman Capote and was his favorite personal work. I loved the quote from the movie so much and felt that I could design a shawl around it....

 "You hear that? It's the Grass Harp. Yeah, the Grass! The Harp are voices telling stories; knows everybody's story. And when we're dead, it'll tell ours too. The Wind is Us! It gathers and remembers all our voices, then hears them talkin' through the leaves and fields..." - Dolly Talbo

I just loved that. So...I present to you, Grass Harp!


I am super pleased with this one, it blocked so well. The yarn I used was Dream In Color Everlasting Sock...16 ounces less than a full 2 skeins and each skein was 420 yards. I added some serious extra yardage for loose knitters in the pattern...900 yards. There is almost a full skein in the border alone. At any rate, I love this shawl. I really love this shawl and I hope you do too! Miss Audrey Grace loved it too! She even made the pattern this time it was such a good photo...


This shawl blocked really well. The yarn is 100% superwash Australian Merino Wool. It has great stitch definition and is the largest of the crescent shaped shawls I've done so far. Here are a couple blocking pics....


Thanks for all of your support folks, I appreciate it more than you know. I have the next shawl in the works already and I am hoping for a release date somewhere around the beginning of March, mid March...something like that. 

Have a wonderful evening and as always...Knit On!

Comments

  1. Your prettiest one so far. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - this is seriously beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! I love pattern and the color is great, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts