Happy Upcoming Holidays !!!

This is my first post from my computer! I had been having issues with the old laptop as you well know. I went to the Dark Side and went with the 15' MacBook Pro and I LOVE IT. Its find it very easy to use. Largely the reason why its been so long since I've posted anything. 

I whipped up something special for a good friend a special little girl who is growing fast! I made the In Threes Sweater for sweet little Bentley who is now over a year old. To go along with it I made a sweet little beret which can be found in Revelry under Stripey Beret. It will take you to another site where the pattern is available for free. I used Knit Picks Shine Worsted for this project. I seem to be turning to this yarn for kids a lot. Its easily washable and dryable and wears very well...


   












I figured the tam/beret might be a little big for Bentley but she could grown into it. As well as the sweater for that matter. I made both of the big with the hopes she could get some wear out of them. The other night when they first opened the package they put the beret on Bentley and she kept taking it off! LOL. But they did get one good fuzzy pic with it on her head...


And tonight they sent me some more pics with the whole bit on her. But she was not in the best mood. Cute lil' face! Check these out with Dad Todd holding her. And Musa had no problem modeling the beret! I love the pics...



I am so happy that these are now in the hands of Bentley, and I call it a success.

Christmas is just around the corner. Dad and I ceremoniously went out for the tree at Mr. Roybal's tree lot. He Has the most beautiful trees. I picked out this years too, along with last years. Every time they tie that tree to the top of the car I have visions of Christmas Vacation and the Griswold Family Christmas Tree....LOL. Ours is about 11 ft this year and huge...very full. I LOVE IT...


When we finally got it into the house we realized how big it actually was!


Then...


Tah Dah!!!! Love this tree. And this spot this year. We usually put it in the corner of the room, if you remember last years post, but Mom really didn't want her work corner being messed with. Quite frankly I can't blame her. Knitting is what I do for a living too. I get it. 
So, I got my big present early, I'm typing on it now. This 15 inch MacBook Pro is the BOMB. I've spent all day today playing with it and learning about some of the functions I didn't know about. Figuring out Pictures was fun...LOL I'm so used to PC that my brain was still thinking that way. I think these are built to be easier to use. Converting over was great for me. I'm waiting for my brain to catch up with the changes. 
We have some wrapping to do, all the shipping has been done. And baking will commence sometime this coming week. Mom stopped by the Crown Panaderia today to pick up the best biscochitos in the world! A nice addition to the cookie trays this year! I am looking so forward to Christmas this year. The Tyson Family will be joining us again this year....our extended family. It will be good times. 
I hope that you are all continuing to knit on whatever you're knitting. I am continuing on the collaboration with Crave Yarn. Garter Stitch body so far, not much to show. Enjoy the time with your family and friends this year.... and until next time....KNIT ON!

Comments

Popular Posts