See Jane Knit!

Its been so long since I've blogged! Believe me, I have had things on the back burner that I cannot share with you at this time that are knitting related. Sometimes when I have knitting things that I can't really share I don't share anything at all and I need to fix that. I miss you guys!

I've shared in past posts how Monday is Monday Night Stitch Group and Tuesday is knitting out with other friends. (I've also started going to another small group that meets Fridays when I'm not too tired). I want to share with you what happened this past Tuesday when a few of us met out. Many people are on vacations and so there were just three of us. One of them was my friend Jane. Jane doesn't get to come out and knit with us very much as she's gone so often because she's famous and such. (Here's where I'm gonna plug her for a minute because she's awesome). 

Dr. Jane Bluestein is (I'm just gonna take this from her website and then I will give you her website so you can check her out for yourself)...

 "has worked with thousands of educators, counselors, healthcare professionals, parents, childcare workers, and other community members world-wide. She has appeared internationally as a speaker and talk-show guest, including several appearances as a guest expert on CNN, National Public Radio and The Oprah Winfrey Show. 
Dr. Bluestein specializes in programs and resources geared to provide practical and meaningful information, training and hope in areas related to relationship building, effective instruction and guidance, and personal growth and development. Much of her work focuses on interactions between adults and children, especially children at risk. Her down-to-earth speaking style, practicality, sense of humor, and numerous stories and examples make her ideas clear and accessible to her audiences.

Jane is an award-winning author whose books include The Win-Win Classroom; Becoming a Win-Win Teacher; Managing 21st Century Classrooms; Creating Emotionally Safe Schools; High School’s Not Forever; Parents, Teens, & Boundaries; The Parent’s Little Book of Lists: Do’s and Don’ts of Effective Parenting; Mentors, Masters, and Mrs. McGregor: Stories of Teachers Making a Difference; and Magic, Miracles & Synchronicity : A Journal of Gratitude and Awareness. Dr. Bluestein’s latest book is The Perfection Deception: Why Trying to Be Perfect is Sabotaging Your Relationships, Making You Sick, and Holding Your Happiness Hostage."

This is Jane...


Please visit Jane's website at www.janebluestein.com to learn more about her. 

My friend Jane is also a knitter! Jane was one of those people that, when I met her, I knew we were going to be friends. She is so down to earth, funny, has a wicked sense of humor and is a very good knitter. The last time I saw her I was still working on Sexy Spines Volume 2.  Well, Jane, God bless her, fell in love with my patterns. When she came to knitting on Tuesday she said that she wanted to show me the shawls that she had made. I was shocked and deeply moved. She had made 2 Cornwall Coasts, a Grass Harp, and a Diamante Crescent. She also fell in love with Madelintosh because every single shawl was done in Madelintosh Sock Yarn...here they are piled onto the table.....



I should've spread them out more and photographed them individually. Jane was afraid that they looked horrible simply because they weren't blocked. Gasp! Like, that mattered. Y'all, they were so beautiful I almost cried. I just can't tell you how touched I was to see someone do this. So Jane, THANK YOU. You really know how to make a girl blush!

In other news, for those of you who don't know and haven't seen it, I got a new tattoo. Thanks to Orlando Sedillo of Shades of Grey here in Albuquerque...


Its on the inside on my right arm. The semi colon inside the lotus flower is for #projectsemicolon. Check it out if you don't know what it is. It is for mental health awareness. I do the best I can to advocate for the mental health community and to get rid of the stigma associated with mental health problems. I have suffered from depression, PTSD, and anxiety ever since the death of my only brother in a car accident years ago. I am medicated and doing well, but only because I asked for help. If you are hurting, its perfectly okay to ask for help. If you feel like you are living in a black hole and don't want to....you don't have to. Please, ask for help. Help is available for you. If you aren't sure how to ask or where to go, please feel free to contact me here via my blog and I will help you get help. 

Stick together people. We need each other sometimes even though we don't want to admit it. I hope you are all KNITTING on wonderful, perfect, beautiful things! Good news to come soon....Until next time...KNIT ON!

Comments

Popular Posts