Thats A Wrap!

Good Evening Everyone!

I am SO HAPPY to finally be able to share with everyone my latest pattern, Gothica Lace Wrap!
It was released on Ravelry yesterday afternoon. I cannot thank everyone enough for the love and support I've had on this project as well as your patience for its release. This was a collaboration with Skein Yarns of Australia. Skein's owner, Kristen, is one of the sweetest people I have ever dealt with. She has always been super supportive of my work and is ALWAYS willing to collaborate whenever I have an idea. 

Let me talk about Kristen's yarn for a moment. I am absolutely ADDICTED to her merino/cashmere 80/20 blend and cannot get away from it. The project that we collaborated on before used her merino/cashmere. You may or may or may not remember, it was Nocturna; the first crescent shaped shawl that was part of my Sexy Spines Volume 2 (it can also be purchased as a single). It was amazing and really "made" the eBook.

Skein's Merino Cashmere Fingering is among the softest fingering yarn I have ever used. And whatever happens in her dye pots is pure magic. I wish I knew her secret! Instead, I just keep going back to her. When I think of collaborations, Skein always tops my list. If you have not used their yarns before, now is your chance! For the release of Gothica Lace Wrap, Skein has ordered more of her famous Merino Cashmere Fingering yarn to be sure to have it in stock for anyone wanting to order it to make their Lace Wrap! She will dye it in any of her colorways for you too! My original sample was knit in the colorway "Graphite."

Here is Gothica Lace Wrap. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I have! Its been such a wonderful process, making this shawl. I have described this shawl as...

A collaboration with Skein Yarns, Gothica Lace Wrap was born from my need to do striking lace with such a beautiful, dark tonal yarn. I had never worked with a colorway like “Graphite” before and knew it needed to be something dramatic to show it off. Dramatic yet alluring and very pretty. Gothica Lace Wrap begins with a provisional cast-on and is knitted flat. Framed with cabled faggoting on all four sides, this edgy Victorian style lace wrap is stunning!







Please hop on over to Ravelry and give this shawl a like for me! You'll find it here.
Also, please go to Skein Yarn's website and order something luxurious to knit your Gothica Lace Wrap with! You won't regret it, I promise you. You'll need three skeins to complete this wrap.

I am so grateful to those who helped me with this shawl, my test knitters. Their time, input and dedication to this project were invaluable. Thank you so much Theresa Hill, Terri, Mile, Louisa Palfrey and Jessica Alvarado! 

Take care everyone, have a wonderful evening! I am headed to Taos in a couple days for a nice loooong weekend and have really been looking forward to it. There are sure to be stories and pictures to share when I return! Until next time...Knit On!

Comments

Popular Posts