Absent Minded ...

My folks have been gone for over 2 weeks now and they're coming home tomorrow! Yay! I'm terribly excited about it. The days in the weeks they've been gone have just melted together. The house feels weird without them in it. Don't get me wrong, I have thoroughly enjoyed the quiet time all to myself. But the house feels strange. (I knit a lot while they were gone!) I haven't been sleeping well either. I am really looking forward to their arrival tomorrow!

Arriving just a day or two after they left was this...


I had totally forgotten I even ordered this. It was through Craftsy's Huge Sale! I ordered 5 skeins of this sport weight Cascade Venezia in Ruby. Its merino and silk and very nice. Dilshani has worked with it a lot and loves it so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it just yet.

While my folks were gone I accomplished a few things. I went to breakfast and lunch with friends, had BBQ's here and had dinner with my Fairy Goddaughter's family. It was all lovely. We also had the last Opera of the season which was a U.S. premiere. When I arrived to pick up Dilshani she was in PJ's. I immediately knew she must've been having a bad day. Anika was all dressed to take her place and was so excited because this was her very first opera! This being the final opera, our plan was to tailgate. I had all the goods and Anika was excited because now she would be tailgating too...




 The opera was "Dr. Sun Yat Sen" and it was a U.S. Premiere.. The staging was amazing! Bamboo set up on both sides and in the front, where it looks like a head and an arm are sticking out? That was a huge rock garden like area. I got closer to the stage I could see it. Fascinating. It was an amazing opera with music like I've never heard before in my life. I liked it. The vocals were all sung in either Cantonese or Mandarin Chinese. It was absolutely fascinating! 

While at the dinner I was invited to by my Fairy Goddaughter's family, I had one of these...


 When was the last time you had a s'more?? This one was AWESOME! They even make graham cracker sized marshmallows specifically for s'mores! I was amazed. 

While messaging with Mom the other morning on the portal, a roadrunner paid me a visit. He was thirsty and wanted a drink from our birdbath...


 I love those quiet moments outside when nature decides it's okay to spend a little time with you. He hung out for a while too, at least 15 minutes! 

Yesterday morning I met up with Betty and Dee for a  little bite of breakfast, some coffee and to pick up our annual shipment of Colorado peaches! Shining in the sun, they looked so bright and beautiful...


I finished Alia's new sweater and will be casting on for her older sister Savannah's matching sweater here very soon. From beginning to end here it is...





 It's an easy peasy pattern I picked up through Ravelry called "In-Threes" and I love it. I will pick out some buttons on Tuesday when I get back to Village Wools. By the way, when I went outside to take this final picture Audrey was here...


I've made some progress on my latest shawl design project, a DK weight shawl, although its a little hard to tell. It kind of just a pile now. If all goes well with my plans on this project anyone will be able to make it and you'll be able to make it however big or small you want and the total number of stitches on your needle never matters. That's if all goes as planned!


The colors are amazing!

 

After taking the pictures of the shawl project Audrey looked like this...


Ever since my folks left Audrey Grace has been very clingy. She hasn't really left my side at all. If she hasn't been in my lap shes next to it!



I think it will be easier to write when everyone is home safely! Normal life will resume and hopefully more normal blogging on my part. Until then...Knit On!!

Comments

Popular Posts