Vanilla Fingerless Mitts Pattern finally released ...

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! 

Before heading into the Holiday Weekend, I wanted to get this pattern released. It has been in demand by many for some time now. My apologies for it taking so long to get out. I did the best I could to make the pattern easy for everyone to understand regardless of if you use DPNS or 2 circulars like I do. I realized all along I had been writing these instructions for 2 circulars so I had to change it a bit. 


If you have any questions at all about the pattern, please feel free to email me directly. The pattern can be found on Ravelry here and on Craftsy here. I have been toying around with the idea of getting my Etsy shop up and running again and current with all my patterns. I understand patterns can now be downloaded instantly just like Ravelry and Craftsy. But I kind of figure that most knitters are on Ravelry or Craftsy so who would really buy my patterns there? I don't want to maintain it if its not going to be terribly useful. If any of you other designers out there have some advice I would love your input. 




I had been in a bit of a knitting funk a few days ago. I didn't know what I wanted to knit on and for the first time in forever I didn't have a huge urge to cast something new on. What did I do? I pulled this out...


This is Cinnamon Stone by VeryBusyMonkey on Ravelry. Mom is knitting it too, shockingly. I am working with Dream In Color Everlasting Sock in....I cant remember the name of the colorway so we'll call it Rust. Mom is knitting it in Crave Filigree in the colorway Bubblegum For Me. She is further along than I am in hers...


Moms yarn is different than mine, and she knits looser than I do, so her looks a little differently than mine. Her yarn is, I think, merino, alpaca and silk. At any rate, after just a couple days mine now looks like this...


I forgot how much I really enjoyed working on this and working lace in general since I haven't done it in quite a while. I should be able to finish this up pretty quickly. Most of the shawls from VeryBusyMonkey are one skein wonders and the last one of hers I did I finished in 11 days. Pretty quick for me. 

Big plans for tomorrow? We are having 9 for dinner and I almost cant wait to get up in the morning so I can get the bird stuffed and into the oven. We are having fabulous company tomorrow and it will be a good time. This time of year always makes me a bit nostalgic for the days of my youth and the things we used to do. At the same time, creating new memories is what makes me happy, giving me fuel for days to come. This time of year is my most favorite. We have neighbors that already have their Christmas lights up! We can officially listen to Christmas music after tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that too. My wish for you tomorrow is to be surrounded by people you love. Whether its ham, turkey, prime rib, or meatloaf, lets all be thankful we have tables to gather around and food to share with one another. We here in Albuquerque are very thankful for the weather we are having because we all know that it isn't this way in most places. Stay warm, stay happy, and stay together. Until next time...Knit On!

Comments

  1. Congrats on getting your mitts pattern out! :) And both yours and your mom's shawls are looking gorgeous. Can't wait to see them all finished.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts