Sexy Spines Volume 2 is now live!

I am beyond excited about my three new shawls that have been released this afternoon along with the eBook they make up... Sexy Spines Volume 2!

First is Nocturna...



Nocturna was knitted with Skein Merino Cashmere and was just a delight to work with. When we started this collaboration Kristin asked me what color I thought I might like to work with. It had occurred to me that I hadn't worked with much purple. She dyed this amazing tonal colorway called "Moon Shadow" and I fell in love. I knew immediately what it would be called. 

I had gotten in touch with the folks at Plucky Knitter like, a long time ago. Back at the beginning of the year when I decided this would be the year of the collaborations for me. Well, sometime around April or May, they sent me this big bag of 5 skeins of yarn. Cat's Paw was born from this kindness. I knew I wanted to do something a little different...something a little Shetland. This was how Cat's Paw was born. The general pattern going down the back is called Cat's Paw, then there are zig zags on opposite sides of that. Drawing it all together with the border was a lot of fun too!

Here's Cat's Paw...


The last one, if I could have a favorite, would be this one. I collaborated with Rita Petteys of Yarn Hollow and she dyed this yarn specifically for me. So much blood, sweat and tears when into this last one. I wanted something very dramatic and elaborate. Something very floral & feminine. I found the edging and built the rest of the shawl around it. It is a two tiered diamond edging with triple yarn overs. Yikes! I LOVED IT. It gives such a beautiful effect. Check it out....


...and my favorite shot from Bud Vase...


So, now I am going to go and put my feet up since I have been at this all day. But I did want to let you all know they were done and up on Ravelry! Thank you for all your lovely encouragement you've given me along the way, I certainly do appreciate it! Sexy Spines Vol 2 can be found here
Take care everyone and I'll see you when I get back! Until then....Knit On!

Comments

Popular Posts