I Think I Have A Mitt Problem...

So I'm on this Fingerless Mitt kick from hell and I can't stop. I have a Fingerless Mitt Problem. They say the first step is admitting you have a problem. I have at least 3 more pairs to make then I'm quitting. Cold turkey. I may be a little irritable for a few days but I'm gonna do it. Before I show you my latest pair and yarn let me show you my friend Debbie. She worked up my Scottsdale Shawl in some killer yarn she got in Oakland CA...here she is modeling it outside of Village Wools, our LYS...


Doesn't she look fabulous?! She is so photogenic it kills me. I wish I were that photogenic. And the shawl is wonderful! The yarn had that perfect shade of blue that went with that shirt, it was awesome. 

OK, now onto my yarn. In this post I had taken a pic of the Malabrigo Worsted that had just arrived at my door, literally, and I was so excited to get going with the new shades. I was trying to decide which one to work with first. The Pale Khaki colorway was so awesome and was a new shade to me. I had never seen it before. It was awesome. The other shade, Stonechat, I was familiar with. I have it in fingering weight and love it. Can't wait to work with it. I figured I'd start with the Stonechat. Well, that didn't work out so well as I explained in this post. So, I went ahead and made the Khaki pair. I was crushed about it people, really crushed. So to soothe my aching heart over the Stonechat colorway which clearly didn't work out for me, I had to shop for some more yarn. I knew that whatever I shopped for they needed to be more tonal than variegated. So, what arrived the other day you ask? I got the colors Burgundy and Olive. I will show you the pic I took of them but I have to tell you, I have not been able to accurately photograph these colors at all. Their true tonality and shades don't come out in any of the pics I take. Here's the pic...


The colors are much, much richer than the pics can show. I love them both and cant wait to wear them when they are done. With this batch I started with the Olive. I really wanted to see it worked up. Folks, its gorgeous. Its a deep, deep and rich color that this pic doesn't even come close to. Its wonderful. Think Army green but very rich and tonal. Its awesome. I have a pair of Olive colored capris that I wear all the time. Now, I'll have mitts to match! When these are done I will move on to the Burgundy ones. So, side note here, Mom went and had her hair done by our stylist Mona who complimented Mom on the mitts she was wearing. She was wearing the pair I made her for Christmas out of the Knit Picks City Tweed. Mom came home and told me this which means I get to make a pair for Mona now too! Which also meant I get to shop for more yarn! Actually, with Mona's coloring I would make her the Burgundy ones so I just ordered another skein. They will look so good on her. She is a beautiful Latina with beautiful skin and dark brown hair. The deep, rich Burgundy color will be perfect for her. I will take them to her the next time I get my hair done which will be a week and a half or so. 

So, the day before yesterday my Mom was at our LYS and she called me to tell me about some new yarn they got in that I really needed to have. She said that I started out this Fingerless Mitt Gig with the intent to make a pair of mitts and a cowl for myself. Instead, it turned into fingerless mitts for everyone I know. She told me she was buying enough of this yarn for me to actually make a cowl and some mitts for myself....what I initially planned to do. The yarn is Ella Rae Classic Sport and she said it came in all kinds of wonderful heathery colors. She picked out the color for me and brought it home for me. I have the best Mom in the whole world! Here are a couple of pics...keep in mind that with the pics its hard to see just how heathery the color really is,..



I finished one of the Olive colored mitts last night...


 ...So I photographed the yarn next to the mitt. They really are very different in color yet in the same family, if you know what I mean...


See? Same but different. And through all this excitement was Kona...sleeping in a place he's never slept before. Cute but odd and I had to take a picture of it...


I love this little guy so much. He's so awesome. For those of you wondering, he is doing very well with his insulin injections that he gets twice a day. We pair up the process with some treats and he's fine. Just a little twitch with when the needle goes in but then he gets a treat and life is good.

Hope you are all doing well and knitting away wherever you are. If you're back east please, please, please stay safe and WARM. I watch the news every night and just cringe. I personally could not imagine being back there and having to deal with it and live in it. So to all those who are, please stay safe. And stay knitting!

Comments

Popular Posts