Yarning Around In Santa Fe...

Remember how I told you all that the rest of my week was going to be good because it involved yarn?! Well, it was! It was fantastic!

We started out at about 9am Friday morning. Mom and I went to the gas station for a fill up then it was on to meet Betty and Kristy to pick them up for the trip up to Santa Fe. On trips like this Mom usually drives, we have a nice roomy car, and Betty and Kristy meet us in the Lowe's parking lot where they park their cars the day. Kristy and I sat in the back and knitting the who way there and everywhere around town. Kristy is wonderful! She is a new friend and it seemed everything was just instant with her. I can tell it is going to be a wonderful friendship. She is so talented, and bubbly, and FUNNY! We had the most fun showing her around Santa Fe and introducing her to yarn shops there she was not familiar with. The first one we went to was Yarn & Coffee which Mom, Betty and I have loved since they opened their doors about a year ago. They have such a wonderful selection of stuff that isn't in our LYS. They have a lot of Dream in Color, Wooly Wonka, a rather large selection of Madelinetosh, etc. Here are some pics from the inside of the shop...



The owner of the store, Deborah, also supports and carries local yarns the newest one of which is called Crave. Folks, I am here to tell you this stuff is amazing. The bases are incredible and the color work done on the yarn is so beautiful. I think this lady who is doing the Crave line is going to go far. At least the potential is all there for her too. Its completely luxurious. As of yesterday her website was not yet up but it will be soon. Please keep an eye out for it and support her if you can. Her yarns are amazing! Deb also supports local designers. I was very surprised, and touched, to see that they did one of my Cornwall Coasts and had it on a dress form for display! The did a crochet edge on it because they wanted to see how far one skein of the yarn they used would go. They were unsure it would do the lace border so they just did a crochet border. I cannot remember the name of the yarn they used to do it with but here's the pic...


I thought this was ultra cool! They also had some, believe it or not, size 75 knitting needles. I had never seen needles like this before, only in pictures! 


And here's Mom shopping...and boy howdy did she shop yesterday...


And of course Kristy and I had to take a selfie...


We had a good time at Yarn & Coffee! I got a wonderful yarn bad made out of woven recycled material and I LOVE IT! I forgot to take a pic of it for you.

Next was lunch and we all went to Mucho Gusto and had a wonderful tasty lunch of traditional Mexican food. After lunch and getting refueled it was on to Miriam's Well. I didn't get any pics in Miriam's because it would've been impossible to get a good one. The yarn store is in an old house. Wonderful yarns around every little corner! After Miriam's it was on to Tutto's! Kristy was specifically looking for buttons and man...she was in the right place...


Almost a whole wall of buttons. That's Kristy crouched down looking for the perfect ones. Tutto is wonderful but small...


What you see here is what there was. But its a very nice shop. Every time I have been there I have been eyeing some Berroco Boboli Lace which my LYS does not carry. I finally got it this time...


After Tutto we went across the street to Savory Spices so Kristy could stock up on some spices and rubs that she and her husband use. And when you walk in this place...oh my God the smells! I think Kristy is right when she said there should be some Willy Wonka Wallpaper where you can just lick and taste everything! After this we climbed back in the car for the ride back to Albuquerque. It had been a full day. By the time we were headed home it was after 3 o'clock. It was a wonderful day and after the week I had I truly needed it!

Today is the Designer Day Expo at Village Wools and I truly need to be getting ready for that but I have to show you one more thing. Betty finished her Persian Crescent Shawl and it is gorgeous! i took pics of it on Lucy this morning and here they are...



It is spectacular. She did hers in Madelinetosh Sock in the colorway Nebula. It will be coming with me today to the Designer Expo so I can show her off to people! I will take pics of what goes on today and share it with you all tomorrow or Monday. I'm really excited about today, and a little nervous too. I wonder how many people will be there and who will come. I will take pics, trust me! 

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone and I'll see you back here in just a couple of days!

Comments

Popular Posts