October in Albuquerque ...

This is my 80th post and the 1 year anniversary of my blog! I didn't know then that I would make it a year. I had hoped to and I did. If you're with me for the first time, welcome! If you've been with me for a while, well, I sure do appreciate it. 

I have lots of pics to share today. Audrey Grace has been especially cute, letting me get a few snaps in here and there. Its fall in Albuquerque and that means all the cottonwoods are have changed to a nice golden yellow color. Its absolutely beautiful. I read a meme on Facebook last week that said something along the lines of.."I wouldn't want to live in a world where there weren't any Octobers." I feel the very same way. This is the time of year for football, sweatshirts, hot tea, movies and blankets, etc. We are about to roll right into the Holidays here which I am especially looking forward to this year since Dilshani's family will be joining us for everything. It will be family time and it will be awesome.

In my last post I talk a little bit about antidepressants and how they have saved me with regard to my depression and anxiety and life in general. When I moved here to Albuquerque in June of 2008, I had needles in my hands by July 2008. It wasn't long after that I realized that this was the other thing that was going to save me. I now had something creative to do with my creative mind. If you haven't read my very first post you can do so here. Its basically the story of how my life began with knitting those first few stitches. I started this blog initially because I was entering a contest. I had no idea where it would go from there. But, here I am still typing away. The trifecta of knitting, designing, and writing about all of it has done wonders for me. That people actually like to read it all makes me smile all the more. I really look forward to being able to share a bit of my world with you all. If you're wondering about that contest...yes, I did win. Wink wink. 

I am trying to get a head start on my Christmas knitting and should be done long before Christmas. But I'm also trying to finish 2 shawls that need their borders put on as well. If I can get those release by the end of the year I'll be really happy. If not, its a nice start to 2015. My gift to my family this year is a pair of fingerless mitts...my plain vanilla pattern (which also needs to still get written). So I have a lot of pairs to make. I have done three already. Here was the shipment of Malabrigo Worsted  from Jimmy Beans Wool...
 

Those blue ones in the pic? yeah...they're done. Three pairs down, four to go...

Before this arrived, I decided to get my hands on the MJ Yarns I picked up in Taos. I couldn't work on my other shawls and I know exactly what I want this Mice and Men colorway to be so I pulled it out and man...its lovely to work with. The corridale is nice on the hands and will the nylon it will be strong too. Man, it is soooo pretty worked up...


 Gorgeous stuff, huh?! I do love it. Some more gorgeous stuff is the Wolle's Color Changing Cotton that Dilshani picked up for us! She just passed mine on to me today and it is breathtaking...


Our friend Debbie got the same color as I did except for her is caked in the reverse from mine. Isn't it pretty! I am looking forward to possibly designing something for this. I am currently taking the online design course through Craftsy taught by Miriam Felton. I am such a fan of her work, she is amazing. I couldn't make Anne's design class (Anne Podlesak of Wooly Wonka Fiber) so she suggested taking Miriam's class online. So I am. Craftsy sent me an email a while ago offering me a free class....well, of course I signed right up for the one I already knew I wanted. I am looking forward to learning a lot from this class and applying what I learn to my own designing.

Last Thursday afternoon Mom and I took a little trip down to the Bosque to take some pics of the cottonwoods because they are so so pretty this time of year. I do miss the falls we had back in Ohio and all the different colors of what fall looks like there, but October is pretty sweet here too...


On Friday I got a chance to babysit my goddaughter for the very first time. I was enchanted. She is so positively adorable! She cried and fussed for a little bit but then we played. Then she fell asleep...


I sang to her quietly as she slept in my arms. I didn't want to put her down but eventually my arms gave way to the blanket on the floor. I gently laid her down and watch her. Just watched her. She is an angel. I cant wait for the time when I can watch her again!

Audrey Grace has been especially cute lately in letting me get pictures of her. Most of the time she knows I want to take her picture so she'll look away and mess my photo up. But lately, I don't know. Lately shes been enjoying the camera!


  Thanks for coming back again and again and reading about my knitting and designing and the stitches I drop through the loops of my life. Whatever your craft of choice may be, I hope it calms you and helps reassure you that we are all in this together. Until next time my friends...Knit On!

Comments

Popular Posts