Random Friday ...

This is new for me... its the first post from my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 notebook. I didn't know how it would all work with the pictures and all but so far so good!

Just a few random things this Friday evening...
The yarn I brought home from Taos was calling to me before I even got it in my door. I knew  I wanted to work with all of it, the question was deciding which one would be first. Well, I went for the DK weight in 'Grizzly' from Berry Colorful Yarning so I could start some mitts. I couldn't wait to see it worked up...and man is it pretty! Well, I just had to switch back to my laptop to continue with this post because the notebook didn't want to upload any pictures. At all. Froze right up. Anyway, here's what the 'Grizzly' looked like all wound up in good light...


There is so much depth to it its wonderful. Just for kicks I wound up the Mice and Men too, I couldn't wait to see what that looked like...


I already know what I want to do with this one, I just need to finish a few things before I can start it. I'm half way through the pair of mitts I'm making with the 'Grizzly' and I LOVE them! I love the color. They'll go with all kinds of things...


These are just plain vanilla mitts. (I'm in the process of finishing the pattern for them. They'll be available in worsted and in DK weight). Forgive the lighting, I was excited to show you the yarn and how it worked up!

My friend Flo who I knit with on Tuesday nights just finished her Cornwall Coast. This was big news in our circle because she's been working on it a long time. This thing is huge...over 7 ft long and it took two full skeins of Brooks Farm Acero yarn. It is beautiful. I coaxed her into letting me have it for a week so I could photograph it on Lucy and share it with you. I love the color!


I thought she did a marvelous job on it. I sent pics to Sherry Brooks of Brooks Farm Yarn because I know yarn people love to see whats become of their yarn out in the world.

And in other news, Miss Audrey Grace has finally accepted Dilshani into the family...


Dilshani was laying on the couch Tuesday afternoon with her arm hanging off and Audrey came up and started bathing her hand. This is her way of telling us that we belong to her and it was the first time she had done this with Dilshani. She was so excited she yelled to me to take pictures of the moment!

That's all I really have on this Friday night. Hope you are tucked in cozy somewhere with your knitting and are enjoying whatever you are working on. This is definitely the time of year when you start the holiday knitting. I have already started on mine. Stay warm and until next time...Knit On!

Comments

Popular Posts