Almost there ...

Happy Easter on this, my 60th post! I cant believe its number 60 already, for me anyways. I can't tell you all how much I appreciate you spending just a bit of your time to read my posts and stay up with what's going on in my life and what I'm doing and creating. Not to be a sap but it really does mean so much to me. With this being Easter I thought I would share with you a couple of gifts I've received this week. When you get older, Easter Baskets tend to change, at least for me they do. With as much as I love chocolate I certainly don't need an entire basket full of it anymore. However, I did get one of these from my Mom...


It's my very first tablet. Its a Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.0! I had been wanting a tablet for some time now...something that I can take with me here and there. I do still prefer to blog on the laptop though. My thoughts come to fast to try and type everything out on the tablet. So for blogging I think I'll stick with this that I've been working on. But I have been having fun figuring things out on it. It came with an Otterbox protective case which is really great. The other thing I got was this...


 I love the Yarn Harlot. As a knitter, everything she writes is something I can relate to. Especially when knitting is your life. I've followed her on her blog for years now and she is hilarious. As a writer I really look up to her although I think it would be nearly impossible for me to reach the kind of status she has with her blog. She is a wonderful writer. Year after year she wins the Canadians Best Blog of the year award. Now folks, that's saying something. People blog about everything under the sun and the fact that her knitting blog is continually voted the best blog is really saying something about her writing. She has hundreds of readers that don't even knit...they just love to read about it. If you check her out you'll see why. She can be found here and she blogs very regularly. She has a very busy schedule so she has lots of things to blog about. I have lots of knitting role models and The Yarn Harlot, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, is certainly one of them.

I also got a new phone which I had desperately needed for some time. The SIM card in my old phone keep going in an out which meant my phone often dropped calls which I HATED as anyone would. I was due for an upgrade on my contract anyway so I got the phone for free. Well, basically free. I am not am IPhone person but rather a Droid person. And I LOVE my new phone. Not much on it is that different from what I had before which I like. I loved what I had...it just didn't work. Now I have something that works that is very similar to what I had before. I don't have to learn a bunch of new shit which I like.

As you know, those of you who read regularly, I am about to release a new pattern. And we're almost there. If all goes as plans, Ferryn should release the evening of April 29th. Why the evening and why on the 29th? The original plans were to release it on May 1st but I am having surgery that day and will likely not be up to doing computer stuff, if I'm even home. And I generally always release my patterns on Ravelry and Craftsy at night. This way those across the globe can see them first in the early morning and when everyone wakes up here in the US they have a new pattern to look at. It has so far proven to be successful for me in the past so I'll stick to it. So the evening the night before my surgery it is. I will announce it here, in my Ravelry Group and on Facebook as well. My deadline to have it finished for preliminary photos is the 23rd. I should be able to meet this deadline with some solid days of knitting ahead of me. Here's where she's at right now...


I can finish the rest of the edging in 3 days....at least that's what I keep telling myself! But seriously, I should be able to. I have had the pattern memorized for quite some time so its a great help not constantly having to gaze back at a pattern. I am so pleased with this and excited about it I can hardly stand it! There were a lot of firsts with this pattern, you can read about those here. So, this one is especially close to my heart. The post that is referred to is also the same post that announced the fact the I finally, after a lot of thought, have my own Ravelry Group now too. I am happy to report that my group now has 100 members too! How exciting!

I wasn't feeling all to well yesterday, I was having a very bad head day (I have a condition called Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension which causes me to have daily migraines. They just wax and wane in intensity). Dilshani's youngest two children, Anika and Nate have been in town for Spring Break and it was their last full day before leaving to go back to their father. It was very important we all meet and I couldn't get over to their place so they came for a visit! And...Dilshani brought her camera! One of Dilshani's talents, in addition to being a fabulous knitter, she is a professional photographer. She took a couple pics just so we would have some of me and the kids. We didn't have a lot of time to work with so they were quick shots but it was important to all of us that we mark the moment. Dilshani's daughter Anika looks just like she does and she, at 14 is absolutely beautiful. Here is the pic she took of Anika and I...


In addition to being beautiful, she is a total natural in front of the camera. I think it would be impossible for her to take a bad picture. This is Nate and I...


Nate is such a handsome charmer! So sweet and kind. These two together? They had me laughing so hard my head was so bad. This was a good thing when it came to the pictures. Everything was so natural and not staged. The personalities of these two kids are so fantastic. They're so funny together and its so apparent how close they are. I love these kids. Meeting them was like when I met their mother. There was an instant connection. I cant wait until we can all spend a lot more time together this coming summer! Here is a picture that Dilshani took of me by myself and...for as much I don't like a lot of pictures of myself...I really like this. A lot. Dilshani can make even me look half way decent and for that I am thankful. I love this...


My Dad doesn't have an updated photo of me on his desk and I think this would be perfect. Thank you so much Dilshani. You are so talented. Thank you for making me look good, I appreciate that!

Miss Audrey Grace has been enjoying the fresh air and open windows during the evening hours just like all of us...


And I got a great picture with my new phone which is now the wallpaper on my new tablet...


I hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday however you are celebrating and whatever you are choosing to celebrate! We will be sitting down to a magnificent feast here shortly. The first bottle of wine has been opened and we are all enjoying Anasazi Field's Apricot from 1998, aged to absolute perfection. Enjoy each others company wherever you are. Love one another, be kind to one another...and I'll see you back here soon. Until then...Knit On!

Comments

Popular Posts