Angora anyone ?!

When I wrote yesterdays post I had completely forgotten about one particular project that was near finished. It was in my purse for knitting while riding shotgun and when I stumbled across it today I decided to pull it out and just finish it already. Who doesn't like a little angora around their neck when its really cold outside? I bought this yarn from Shelley Loveless of Rio Fernando Farms at that Taos Wool Festival last fall. I don't believe they have their own website that I can find but you can read about them briefly here. I bought 2 skeins back in 2012 and fell in love with it. Its a 50/50 blend of angora and corridale lamb and its unlike anything else I have ever worked with. I made a slouchy beret which used 1 skein and the hat went to my Mom since it didn't fit me...or my hair (!). I had 1 skein left and knew I wanted to buy more when we went this past fall. Well, turns out I got the very last of it. It was a very special blend that their mill is no longer doing for them. I bought the last 2 available skeins. With 1 skein I made a simple seed stitch basket weave scarf that I designed. The last 2 skeins will be used to make fingerless mitts to go with the scarf. I need to block the scarf and take pics on Lucy but now it looks like this...


And I'm very happy with it. Truth be told, I love it. And look at the halo on this yarn...


Its really amazing stuff. As soon as I finished the scarf and bound it off I caked up another skein and cast on for the fingerless mitts. At the moment they look like this...

 
 The only fingerless mitts I've made so far have been with a heavy worsted weight yarn and this is light fingering. I am winging it on the stitch count to get what I want out of it. They will be simple. Ribbing at the cuff and tops and, hopefully a bit slouchy. The rest will be plain knitting, or stockinette since its being done in the round. I cast on 56 stitches and am starting with a 2 x 2 ribbing. We'll see how it works out. I will adjust and start over if I need to.

I happy the scarf is finally done and can be used if and when it gets really cold outside. I will block her and take pics of her on Lucy and will be sure to share those here in just a couple days. 

Hope all is well in your world and you are making nice knitting discoveries. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday Evening!

Comments

Popular Posts