Projects Old And New...

Since the Christmas knitting is out of the way, for the most part anyway, I am back to working on other projects. I started a new shawl with yarn from Phydeaux Designs which is my next design collaboration. I am so excited about this yarn and design. I know exactly where I want to go with it. And the yarn? I cannot tell you enough how wonderful it is. I am working with the Soie line which is 50/50 merino and silk and it is luscious. I don't know where she gets her bases from but this particular blend is soft and silky with a beautiful sheen but also has just the right amount of bounce in it too. Its just wonderful to work with. Here is a pic of the latest...


Just look at how all those colors blend so beautifully! Though this piece remains unnamed it reminds me of an afternoon tea, or a garden party. Something light and airy and beautiful to wear. I specifically chose to knit the body of this shawl in garter to show off the colors and this yarn well. I think garter stitch has a special way of making some colorways just sing and this was an Opera being sung in the open theater of the Santa Fe Opera House. If you all have not gone to look at her yarns at Phydeaux, please do so. You'll be so happy you did!

I am also back to working on this again...


The yarn for this is not normally in a colorway that I work with but it screamed at me and leapt off the shelf and into my arms at the Taos Wool Festival this past fall. I have truly enjoyed working with this merino and alpaca blend from Hollywick Farms. I love their labels too, they have pictures of the alpacas where your yarn comes from! Like this...


 Its soft yet with a lot a body to it. I wanted to do something unique with it and cables was the thing. I had not worked in cables before and it was high time I learn how to do them. I thought I knew what I wanted to do with the border but now I'm not so sure. I thought I wanted to add a little cabling along the border but now I don't think so. The body is as big as I think I want it to be so its time to work out the border pattern.

Have you started any new projects since Christmas has come and gone? Are you still finishing up Christmas and Holiday Knitting? The New Year is upon us and I am really looking forward to doing more design work this year and expanding my knitting knowledge. What are you planning to do? Are you looking forward to doing anything specific? I'd love to hear what you're up to!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts