The Race Against Time...

Last year I really thought I had made an improvement by thinking about Christmas knitting well in advance. I even started knitting early. Like, in the spring kinda early. Socks were started for the in-laws, Betty's shawl had been going for some time and then Dads socks were started in the late fall. I should've known then trying to slam another project in there was going to throw everything else off. Something happened. I cant explain it, but nothing got finished and actually gifted as a finished item. Sure, I've given gifts in the past where needles were still attached. Who hasn't? But this year...I cannot, absolutely cannot, miss 2 years in a row.

This year....this is the year where gifts will be given as finished items! I think. Dads socks are a piece of cake really, just need to do them. And I finally.....finally have Auntie's shawl actually going in the right direction. I backed out what I needed to back out and reviewed my work. I discovered the biggest problem that had screwed me up entirely was that all my stitch markers were 1 stitch off of where they should've been placed in the previous row. How that happened I have no freakin' clue but I'm off in the right direction again and man does that feel good. I've remembered the liberties I was taking and everything. I am on row 15 and have 20 more rows to go until its done. That's it. But I know it is going to be a race against time, I know it. These are looooong rows and they take a long time. I was thrilled I got 3 rows done last night. Here's a not so great pic of how it looks right now...

 Morlynn shawl pattern by Alexandra Weidmayer knit with Silky Wool on US size 7

See? I'm almost to the end! Just 20 rows to go. 20 long rows. So all I really need to finish for Christmas is this and Dads socks and I'm golden! 

And its gonna take some serious focus. I have that gift package coming from Interweave from my Blog Contest Win and there are 2 kits in there, one of which is a pair of fingerless mitts that I'm dying to make. Also, a cowl made from the most luxurious bulky wool I've ever seen and I cant wait to get my hands on it. And, last night I confirmed that I am doing another collaboration project, this time with Phydeaux Designs! Am I am so excited about it. Her colorways are some of the most beautiful and unique I've seen in a very long time. I started seeing my patterns in her yarns a while ago. I am really looking forward to started this too. It will be difficult not to receive her package, wind it up, and cast it on immediately. Just gaze through her colorways.....beautiful, right? Exactly. So like I said, I'm in a race against time... and temptation. There are 34 days until Christmas.... 34 days. That's sinking in deeper and deeper by the minute...

Are you doing some Christmas knitting? Do you always do Christmas knitting or do you occasionally take years off here and there? Do you have the same problem as I do with sticking to your projects and facing temptation head on? Just remember...34 days....

Comments

Popular Posts